Dec 25, 2009

Christmas...

I'm not a christian... Well I don't really like to be put into any category regarding something so sensitive as our beliefs:) Anyways, I wasn't raised christian, but I had the wonderful chance of living with 4 canadian and 1 south african families, which i like to call as "my families". I had my canadian families when I was an exchange student at the age of 17 and as you can guess, Christmas in Princeton, BC was a highlight in my year abroad:)

I'm not sure if it was the songs or the presents or even the feeling of the spirit of Santa Claus, but I lived and believed in Christmas and all it's magic. Now, it's been 10 years since I've lived the magic of Christmas. Although now I live in a country where most people are Muslims; every year, I still like to listen to christmas songs, have vegeterian christmas food, decorate our christmas tree and hope for Santa to come:)

This year feels different... This year, christmas feels brighter than ever. That's why, every morning during this last month of 2009, I felt like making a wish for the well-being of my be-loved ones and the whole world:)


I wish for light from darkness,
I wish for truth from deceit,
I wish for life from unreasoned killings,
I wish for kindness from distant beings....

And I wish for all the Loveand Magic for our wonderful world....
Make a wish, in the bright new morning, a wish for all the beings, and imagine it becoming real :) 
Merry christmas everyone, and happy happy new year:)




No comments: